In the year 2000 the two parishes of Epping and Carlingford entered a common relationship through the sharing of a single Parish Priest. Over the next six or seven years the parishes entered a process of increasing collaboration and sharing of resources and pastoral programmes, including the sharing of a common parish staff. In July 2007 the two parishes formally became one parish with the name of The Catholic Parish of Epping and Carlingford. In the model we are following however we still retain two distinct (though of course collaborating and cooperating) communities within our single parish structure the communities gathered around our two parish churches of St Gerard's at Carlingford and Our Lady Help of Christians' at Epping.

For more information about our way of working as two communities within one parish please click here.

Third Sunday of Easter

OUR LADY HELP OF CHRISTIANS PARISH


Centenary Book

The launch of the history of the Parish book, “A Paddock out the Back” (100 Years of Catholic Worship in Epping), will be held on Wednesday 24 May 2017.

The event is our final Centenary celebration of the establishment of the former Parish of Our Lady Help of Christian, Epping, and will be part of our celebration of the Feast of Our Lady Help of Christians. The celebration and book launch will commence with Mass at 7pm, at Our Lady Help of Christians Church, followed by the Book launch and social gathering in the Parish Hall.

There are posters and flyers providing details of the Book at each of the Church doors, which we will be selling for the nominal price of $12 per copy.

We ask that you support this celebration which is our final Centenary celebration.

The Book is currently being printed and will be a 152-page story of our Parish, in both words and pictures. The Book is a journey through time from the early 1800s and provides a history of our parish life and catholic education in the Parish, the role the Parish Priests and Sisters of Mercy have played during these years, the ecumenical spirit in Epping throughout the period, and the life of the Parish during the 21st Century. The book also explores the history of Catholic worship in Epping from before the first Our Lady Help of Christian Church was dedicated in January 1908; the establishment of the Parish on 15 June 1916 and the new (current) Our Lady Help of Christians Church which was built in 1939; the extensions to the Church completed in 1968, and; the further refurbishments undertaken right up to the current day.

If you would like to and are able to get involved in assisting with the launch, or have any questions about the book, please contact Kevin Macdonald on 0427 906960, or email OLHC100@gmail.com.
This week's parish bulletin
(For urgent or late notices not available when the bulletin was printed please click on Stop Press)